Can you use Milk kefir in everyday food?
A lot of people wonder if there is a better way to consume kefir other than drinking it up like curd. The good news is , yes, Kefir can be used in everyday food items.
Kefir is sour due to fermentation, which could be hard for a few people to taste every day. In fact, some people detest anything sour, especially in India where a sweet curd is preferred to sour ones.
So how else can you use kefir in your daily food to improve your health?
- Substitute for curds in cooking. Where ever you use curd, replace with kefir. If you are a south Indian Curd Vada is a delicacy, everyone loves. Instead of curd Vada, make it kefir Vada
- Ice creams: if you make ice cream at home, use kefir instead of milk fat. You will need to add a bit more sugar to manage the taste the result will be something like Srikhand, which goes very well with Chapatis, puris and to eat by itself.
- Soup: if you are making yourself a creamy tomato soup, add kefir instead of cream. Kefir will make the soup tangy, a perfect treat for the winter months.
- Smoothies: A nice smoothie after morning workout is a wonderful breakfast. Instead of milk, add the fermented milk to help your body get the necessary nourishment while also building your immunity.
- Cereal breakfast: Ready for a new tangy flavoured breakfast? Kefir goes great with Musli. If you and/or your kids are hung up on corn flakes, push it aside for a more nutritious Musli. Just add a bit of kefir and enjoy as is or with a little bit of honey or Jaggery.
- 6. In summer, you can use milk kefir to make lassi and butter milk. Chill it lightly and it will make for a refreshing drink.
There any many ways you can use kefir in everyday food. Try a few of these and if you have a suggestion, comment and let us know too
PS: White sugar is poison, stay away from it and keep everyone you love away from it too.Order Kefir